Tuesday, May 22, 2007

HouseCooling Sentimentality

I just sent out the evite invitation for my housecooling party this Sat night.

Somehow the process of writing it brought me much nostalgia if not tears at the brink of falling.

Last year around this time, my ex-roommate and I - the quintessential nomad of this current day and age I kid you not - put together that invitation and threw a legendary houseclosing party that I know for sure will never be topped from that point, whether in the consumption of alcoholic bottles or the number of people present ...

Evite stores all of one's past addresses and earlier when I was scrolling down the list and trying to choose the right address, 25-33 @ PT, 10-22 PT, and my current address popped up.

How I wish evite could be forgetful at times so that I don't need to be reminded of the residences that I had/have dwelled in over the past 3 years in Cambridge.

"HouseCooling ... One Last Time" I wrote, as the title of this party.

One last time in Cambridge perhaps, but surely not going to be THE last time at least in the next x-number of years to come.

So the nomad packs up and down the journey she flies ...

... in 20 days.

PS: Right after the above entry was written, the following song streamed in fron iTune:

-----

*Our House* by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Staring at the fire
For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me

Come to me now
And rest your head for just five minutes
Everything is good
Such a cosy room
The windows are illuminated
By the sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you
Only for you

Our house is a very, very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

I'll light the fire
And you place the flowers in the jar
That you bought today

-----

A song that I wish to be singing someday and somewhere with someone I suppose, as the next evite on a housewarming party being composed?

梅ちゃん at 3:38:00 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment