Saturday, June 16, 2007

Cinderella Story - Tokyo 6.16.07

Really not much to report on except that I spent the whole day cleaning and putting things in order at home. All the boxes arrived safely from the U.S. and the futon + bedding set bought from the discount store 2 days ago got sent in via black cat service. I'm totally crazy about these home delivery services in Japan now.

The sun's been blazing over the past few days even though temperature hasn't been the most brutal. Except with floor-scrubbing left to do, I shall step down from my Cinderella role tomorrow and just go into the city and enjoy a nice cup of mid-afternoon coffee.

Dinner time has been the hardest so far. 4 days in a row I eat by myself in cheap eatery places that offer set meals range from 5 to 7 dollars each; 4 days in a row I only eat one meal a day. I can get through the day not thinking about food at all 'cuz time flies by with so many errands to run, forms to fill out, and household supplies to buy. But when dinner time hits, I sit alone at a narrow counter next to an array of salarimen, otaku guys, or poor college students, and I can't help but missing friends or loved ones far away.

4th night in Tokyo. My jetlag is killing me ...

梅ちゃん at 11:03:00 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at 6/17/07, 12:41 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the bane of the foreign researcher -- eating by yourself.

Unfortunately, there's very little cure for that, unless you're spending your time socializing instead of doing work :)

 
at 6/17/07, 12:30 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I miss the days when we were all in Japan last year! At least we could have some authentic Asian food within walking distance. And the hanabi taikai! Wish you a fantastic time at Todai!
from CY

 

Post a Comment