Monday, January 22, 2007

想念坷仔麵線的1:30 am

On the shuttle to Lamont today I saw a few students dragging their luggage around, penting.

Ah, they are going home. Again, for the 3rd time, perhaps (Thanksgiving + Christmas + intercession now) ...

Envious, absolutely envious. No other word could describe my state of mind at that moment.

I don't know what is it about me these days, but I don't think I've ever been this homesick my whole life.

Maybe it's the desire to run away from everything here (such as all the exam books still awaiting to be graded; I'm literally getting nightmires about them);

Maybe it's yearning for a warmer place (anywhere but here that's below freezing point);

Maybe it's not wanting to go home to a empty house of darkness and silence;

Maybe I'm just not getting quality sleep these day.

Maybe ... maybe ... maybe ...

Of what use? There is absolutely no way that I could possibly be home anytime soon, so why even bother toiling with the idea?

But I can't help it.

1:30 am at Lamont, my grading partner/TF colleage said - "Ah, if only we were in Taiwan right now, then I'd just walk out to the street and get a bowl of 坷仔麵線 ..."

「我比較想要7-11的關東煮。或許還可以去公園散個步 ...」

And then we looked at each other and let out a long sigh ... 無奈之嘆。

真的非常非常想回家。

梅ちゃん at 5:27:00 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment