Wednesday, January 24, 2007

希望

M called and said that she doesn't know what to do for Chinese New Year. She'd like to come to Boston but tickets during this hot season are unbearably pricy ...

Having gone through two holidays this past year with no family nearby and not at a place called home, I completely understand how she feels.

However - currently - I'm down to no solutions to offer.

Sometimes I wonder if all this talk about independence is all that worthwhile. Why do we need to be far away from our family and loved ones in the name of career, schooling, degree-earning, money-acculuatiing, or experience-gathering? At the end of the day, is it worth it?

Having spent 4 days (& 4 nights) doing nothing but grading, my brain is too fried to come up with a more plausible answer. But my intuition tells me - no.

Till tomorrow when more clarity in mind returns ...

希望大家都幸福,在家人和愛的人的身邊。

梅ちゃん at 2:44:00 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment